The 2012-13 season at the ...
The Durbin Gallery, located within
the Kennedy Art Center/Azar Studios complex, provides our students,
faculty and community with an outstanding resource of traveling,
faculty and student exhibitions. The various traveling exhibitions
highlight the work of regionally as well as nationally recognized
artists working in a wide variety of media.
include the work of the art department studio faculty, the Southeastern
Regional High School Art Competition, the BFA senior exhibition.
and a competitive Juried Student Exhibition open to all students
enrolled in art courses during the course of each school year.
8:30 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
Monday through Friday
“Recent Photographs by Benjamin Montague” Art Exhibit
November 1-29, 2012
Opening reception is November 1 from 6-8 p.m.
Benjamin Montague is an associate professor in photography at Wright State University. He received his MFA from the University of Delaware in 2003 and his BA from Marlboro College in 1993. Mr. Montague has exhibited his work widely and is currently represented by Chiaroscuro Contemporary Art in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He has won several grants, including an Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award in 2007. His work is included in the collections of the Columbus Museum of Art and the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa
January 18-30, 2012
- Birmingham City Schools Art Competition
- Reception: Friday, January 18, 2013 | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
February 7-21, 2012
- Birmingham-Southern College Faculty Exhibition
- Reception: Thursday, February 7, 2013 | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
February 28- March 7, 2012
- Bachelor of Fine Arts 1 Exhibition
- Reception: Thursday, March 7, 2013 | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
March 14-28, 2012
- Bachelor of Fine Arts 2 Exhibition
- Reception: Thursday, March 14, 2013 | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
April 5-25, 2013
- Along the Border: Murder, Mayhem and the Drug Cartels in Northern Mexico in conjunction with 2013 Latin American Studies Symposium
- Reception: Friday, April 5, 2013 | 6:00-8:00 p.m.
May 2-8, 2013
- Student Juried Exhibition
- Reception: Thursday, May 2, 2013 | 9:00 a.m.